SPRING Technologies announces NCSIMUL SOLUTIONS 10.1 and NCSIMUL 4CAM upgrades
New technological features for NCSIMUL 4CAM add-on and first manufacturers feedback
SPRING Technologies, worldwide leader in delivering dedicated CNC software solutions to enable the optimal use of CNC machines, announces the release of NCSIMUL SOLUTIONS 10.1, with, among them, new features for the NCSIMUL 4CAM module. The new capabilities enrich the CAM add-on launched less than sixth months ago.
NCSIMUL SOLUTIONS, SPRING Technologies' unified platform, includes these modules: NCSIMUL Machine, NCSIMUL TOOL, NCSIMUL DNC/MONITOR and NCSIMUL 4CAM, announced in June 2015. This complete digital process for programming NC machines enables users to program, check and optimize all types of NC machines.
The main new features of NCSIMUL SOLUTIONS 10.1:
- NCSIMUL 4CAM: Optimized tool change for Multi-Part Machining (MPM);
- NCSIMUL 4CAM: Quick tool path modification / adaptation function to match each NC machine;
- Dynamic interactivity in tool management between the NCSIMUL 4CAM and NCSIMUL TOOL modules;
- NCSIMUL 4CAM: Enhanced MMI ergonomics.
- The new version of NCSIMUL 4CAM automates the programming of multiple parts and simultaneously starts machining on the same machine, while optimizing tool change. This capability enables smart rescheduling of all MPM sequences, automatically minimizing tool changes. In reality, this development speeds up machine throughput by 10% while reducing programming and manufacturing time and for different single parts or batches.
- NCSIMUL 4CAM includes a function for editing tool paths imported from third-party CAM software, an ISO program, or direct programming from within the module, thus capitalizing all the changes.
Users edit the cutting tool and machine parameters, changes in the tool orientation, and add or delete points. All these changes are logged in histories and set, irrespective of the NC machine being used. Programmers can then change a status in a single "click". This provides real agility in tracking changes, and delivers significant time savings for manufacturers.
- The new version delivers dynamic interactivity between the two modules in the NCSIMUL SOLUTIONS platform: NCSIMUL 4CAM and NCSIMUL TOOL. This will enable users to update tool magazine data more quickly, and thus optimize the management of the library of tools available for the resulting tool paths. Moreover, the new capability enables tool selection from the data base via simple identifiers. When manufacturing goes on stream in the workshop, users can easily and instantly check the compatibility between the tools and the tool holder for the new machine, check the project or even view items that need correcting.
Feedback on the first NCSIMUL 4CAM success stories:
Released worldwide in October 2015, the NCSIMUL 4CAM module, the latest addition to the NCSIMUL SOLUTIONS product, is already up and running at the facilities of around forty manufacturers, including major corporations like AIRBUS through its STELIA subsidiary, SAFRAN with SNECMA, DASSAULT AVIATION, and SMEs such as FREYSSINET, HALGAND (aeronautics) and UF1 (automotive). The first design and production projects went live in December 2015.
Early customer feedback has been unanimous: the concept is unique and the NCSIMUL 4CAM module is easy, intuitive and quick to use. Until now, all NC programming systems have had to become increasingly complex to match the development of NC machines, with tool paths and cutting tools that are increasingly powerful but hard to develop and debug, NCSIMUL 4CAM changes the game by simplifying the digital process while reducing lead times, especially when new production machines are introduced in the workshop.
Indeed, in addition to existing CAM, NCSIMUL 4CAM 10.1, offers standard checked and optimized tool path generation in ISO code as a standard function – replacing bespoke external post-processors for a lower cost. This enables users to become quickly independent as they set software parameters.
NCSIMUL 4CAM also enriches existing CAM setups by supporting and optimizing all the complex paths that link the different tool paths specific to each NC machine. The latest NCSIMUL SOLUTIONS module delivers unique flexibility for tool changes in a few clicks. Today, with NCSIMUL 4CAM, this is possible, even for very different kinematics: Mil to Mill-Turn, or 5-axis Head–Head to Table – Table; irrespective of the NC controllers used (SIEMENS, HEIDENHAIN, FANUC, and NUM).
NCSIMUL 4CAM is the only software to offer this major technological and industrial breakthrough.